Who We Are...
Cove Property Management (Cove) is an award-winning vertically integrated real estate investment firm, founded in 2008 by Stephen Margerum, CPM® and Douglas Margerum, CPM®. Our current real estate portfolio consists of over 2,000 multifamily apartments, 100,000 sq.ft. of commercial office/flex warehouse, and 16,000 sq.ft. of retail and restaurant space.
Cove’s portfolio includes properties located throughout the Maryland, Washington D.C. metro, New Jersey, South Carolina, and Virginia markets.
Our portfolio and experience include the following property types:
- Conventional Apartments
- Student Housing
- Affordable/LIHTC Tax Credit Financed
- 55+ Active Adult & Independent Senior Living
- HOA, Condo and Association Management
- Mixed Use
- Flex Warehouse
As a vertically integrated real estate investment firm, Cove provides a strategic level of knowledge and understanding of both the markets we operate in and property management best practices that others simply cannot. We provide the following real estate services to our investors and clients:
- Property Management
- Construction Management
- Asset Management
- Investor Relations & Reporting
- Acquisition & Disposition
- Due Diligence Consulting
To manage income-producing properties, improve the operating performance and create value for our investors through hands-on property management. Our proactive management approach is centered on the commitment to exceed the expectations of our residents and clients in the delivery of services.
Ownership Approach to Management
When you hire Cove, you hire Principals. We are Certified Property Managers and owners of multifamily properties who are focused on the daily management of your property.
Cove Property Management may be a small company but we are family oriented and each member of our team plays an integral role in our success. Our company, like numerous others during the COVID-19 Pandemic, took immediate action to ensure the safety of our residents and our team members. Together each team member across our portfolio took part in creating something meaningful for our leadership team. Take a look at this video to see the hard work they each put in to show their appreciation. This video is the definition of teamwork and really shows what is special at Cove Property Management.
Accredited Management Organization
We adhere to the rigorously enforced AMO® Code of Professional Ethics.
- We have a track record of business stability, fiscal responsibility, and operational excellence, and we have a CPM® directing and supervising our real estate management team.
- We are dedicated to managing real estate assets with the sole purpose of reaching – and even exceeding – our owners’ investment goals. Our goal is to obtain maximum returns by protecting investments and building their value.
- We have chosen to differentiate ourselves by focusing on quality of service, ethical standards, critical thinking to solve challenges and dedication to ongoing professional development as values our company embraces.
- We have proven our reliability and commitment to enhancing the living, working and shopping environments of our tenants, residents, and the community at large.
- We are one of less than 560 AMO® Firms awarded this prestigious accreditation. We can draw upon the knowledge of our IREM® colleagues worldwide to collaborate on optimal solutions and best practices
Equal Housing Opportunity
We pledge to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Proud Member of:
- Institute of Real Estate Management
- National Association of Realtors
- National Apartment Association
- Maryland Multi-Housing Association
- New Jersey Apartment Association
- Apartment & Office Building Association of Metropolitan Washington
- Property Management Association
- Myrtle Beach Apartment Association